The Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan pays great attention to fostering students’ creativity in science. APA Student Scientific Society (SSS) was established on November 8, 2001, by the order of the Rector to ensure students’ involvement in research as well as to develop their research skills.
The leadership of the Student Scientific Society at the Academy of Public Administration is carried out by the Rector of the APA, Academician Urkhan Alakbarov. This leadership significantly contributes to the effective organization of the Student Scientific Society.
The APA Student Scientific Society (Chairman, Doctor of Philosophy, Associate Professor S.I. Mammadova) unites the bachelor level students of faculties of “Political Management” and “Administrative Management” and master students in its structure. The students’ research is determined in accordance with the research area of the departments of the Academy.
The main activities of the APA Student Scientific Society are:
– to hold annual seminars and trainings on the methodology of research, involving students who are interested in developing scientific creativity in the activities Student Scientific Society.
– to develop preliminary research topics in cooperation with specialty departments, and present them to students for selection;
– to have supervisors’ consultations at several stages of work on research paper on selected topics;
-to organize the supervision of each research with the participation of departments, give feedback to students on their work , to improve the quality of the research;
-to hold a conference dedicated to the results of research conducted at the Student Scientific Society and to have the conference materials published;
– to hold round-table discussions and scientific practical conferences, article and essay writing competitions dedicated to actual problems of democratic, legal statehood, socio-economic development, and public administration in modern Azerbaijan with the participation of Student Scientific Society members;
-to organize the participation of Student Scientific Society members in conferences and competitions held at international, republic, and other higher educational levels;
The APA Students Scientific Society pays special attention to the students’ study on the state heritage of national leader Heydar Aliyev. It annually holds conferences, round-table discussions, and competitions in this direction.
In 2019, along with organizing its activity in these directions, the APA Student Scientific Society held the following scientific conferences and round-table discussions:
– on February 25, 2019, a round-table discussion on “Khojaly genocide is the most horrible massacre of the 20th century” held with the participation of the APA students;
– on May 10, 2019, a scientific conference dedicated to the 96 th anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev entitled “Heydar Aliyev is a charismatic leader, founder of independent Azerbaijani State”.
– on May 24, 2019, a roundtable talk on the topic “Internal and foreign policy of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic” held with the participation of APA students;
– on December 20, 2019, a scientific-practical conference on “Modern development priorities of the Republic of Azerbaijan” held in three sections, dedicated to the results of research carried out in 2019 by the APA Student Scientific Society members.
Currently, the APA Student Scientific Society continues its work in the directions mentioned above to improve the gained experience in this field.
Chairman of the APA Student Scientific Society, associate professor